Love smoothies? My Blackberry Smoothie is going to become one of your favorites. This smoothie recipe is delicious and nutritious and is made with limited ingredients. It is perfect for a fast breakfast or a nice afternoon snack.
Smoothies are fantastic for being a fast meal idea. You can pack a smoothie with lots of nutrition easily, and almost everyone loves them. My Blackberry Smoothie is just one of those smoothies.
Is a banana and milk smoothie recipe good for you?
Absolutely. Because this recipe for a blackberry smoothie calls for limited ingredients, you know that your smoothie is good for you. When you buy a smoothie out at a store, oftentimes, it is not good for you. It is filled with preservatives and other junky ingredients, including high fructose corn syrup. It is best to make your smoothies at home, from scratch.
Variations to a Blackberry Smoothie
The key to any recipe is being able to make it your own. It is important that you can change a recipe to make it fit your tastes. When changing this Blackberry smoothie recipe consider:
- Adding more fruit. You can always add in more flavors by adding in more fruit. Strawberries are a great addition.
- Try adding in some greens. It will change the color, which some people are not a fan of, but the strong flavors of the fruit will cover the greens.
- While this recipe calls for vanilla almond milk, you can certainly use whatever milk you like.
How do you make a smoothie with strawberries and blackberries?
Making a smoothie with strawberries and blackberries is easy. Simply follow the ingredients for this blackberry smoothie and add in ½ cup of strawberries. You can choose to use frozen or fresh strawberries, whichever you have.
How do you make a blackberry smoothie without yogurt?
Many smoothie recipes call for adding yogurt. My Blackberry smoothie recipe uses almond milk. It is a simple swap. I am replacing the yogurt with milk. It creates a slightly thinner smoothie, but the ice or frozen fruit will keep the consistency of a traditional smoothie with yogurt.
Ingredients to make a Blackberry Smoothie at home
- blackberries fresh or frozen
- vanilla almond milk
- Stevia® or your favorite sweetener
- Chia seeds
- ice if using fresh blackberries
How to Make a Blackberry Smoothie
Place all ingredients into a blender. If using frozen blackberries, you will not have to add ice. If using fresh blackberries, add in ¾ cup chopped ice to blender. Blend all ingredients together for 30 seconds to 1 minute until well blended and smooth.
- 1 small banana
- 1 cup blackberries fresh or frozen
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almondmilk
- 1 tsp Stevia® or your favorite sweetener
- 1 tsp Chia seeds
- ¾ cup ice if using fresh blackberries
- Place all ingredients into a blender. If using frozen blackberries, you will not have to add ice. If using fresh blackberries, add in ¾ cup chopped ice to blender.
- Blend all ingredients together for 30 seconds to 1 minute until well blended and smooth.