Looking for a delicious Baked Blackened Salmon? Wait until you try this one. Delicious and healthy, you are going to love the great flavor of this Easy Baked Blackened Salmon Recipe.
This salmon recipe has become one of my favorites. It’s easy to prepare and delicious! The coating on the salmon is just Fiber One® cereal and blackened seasoning but if you don’t have Fiber One® cereal, you can easily swap it out for any other high fiber whole grain cereal. I like this preparation of the salmon as it has a sweet and spicy taste. Bake and it’s ready to serve. Try with a side salad as the side dish!
If you have ever had blackened salmon, you know that part of the deliciousness is the crispy crunch flavorful coating. Oftentimes that crispiness is due to frying. With this recipe, I am using FiberOne® Cereal to get that crunch without the heaviness from the oil.
What to Serve with Baked Blackened Salmon
Many times I love to serve this baked blackened salmon recipe with a side salad, but it can go great with many other things. I also like to pair this recipe with:
- Easy & Healthy Broccoli Salad with Bacon
- Healthy Baked Broccoli Tots
- Mexican Black Bean Quinoa Salad
- Healthy Mac n Cheese
Variations to Blackened Salmon Recipe
What makes this recipe great is that it tastes amazing and it is healthy. All at once. There are ways to change this recipe to create new flavors:
- Try other cereals: FiberOne® is a great choice but you can try cornflakes or other cereals to get a crispy crunch. I prefer the FiberOne because it gives the crunch but also a little bit of sweetness that makes it sweet and spicy.
- Other seasonings: The idea with this salmon recipe is that it is a blackened salmon recipe. However, if you want to try the same idea with different seasoning, you can use this technique and add flavors you want.
Ingredients in Baked Blackened Salmon
- fresh salmon filets
- Cajun Seasoning or Blackened Seasoning
- FiberOne Honey Cluster Cereal
How to Make Easy Baked Blackened Salmon
- Four 4-ounce fresh salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning or blackened seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup Fiber One® Honey Clusters cereal we like this brand because of the sweetness it adds
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, this will make for easy clean-up.
- In a food processor, blend Fiber One® Honey Clusters until crushed to a bread crumb like consistency.
- Add in salt, pepper and Cajun or blackened seasoning to crushed Fiber One® Honey Cluster cereal.
- Dip salmon into seasoning and press seasoning onto salmon until the salmon is completely covered with seasoning mixture.
- Place salmon on baking sheet skin side down.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.