When it comes to eating healthy, many people turn to salads. When eating salads, you will want to use a healthy salad dressing. With ranch being a favorite for many people, creating my Greek Yogurt Healthy Ranch Dressing is a great way to have a healthy salad dressing.
Ranch dressing is a favorite for most people. It is their go-to salad dressing. With a few small changes, a traditional ranch dressing can become a greek yogurt ranch dressing and it is a much healthier option. It has all the same great taste of a traditional ranch dressing but it a healthy salad dressing option. Like this? Check out my Honey Mustard Dressing as well!
How do you make ranch dressing with yogurt?
When making ranch dressing you might want a way to create a lighter version. By using greek yogurt when making ranch dressing, you are able to create a lighter, healthier version of ranch dressing. To make ranch dressing with yogurt, you replace the sour cream that comes in traditional ranch dressing recipes with greek yogurt.
Variations to a Healthy Ranch Dressing
The key to any recipe is being able to change it to fit your tastes. When looking for ways to change this recipe, consider:
- Add more seasoning. If you like a stronger taste to your ranch dressing, consider adding more of the herbs.
- If you do not have buttermilk on hand, you can make your own. Add vinegar to milk and wait a few minutes for it to sour. Once it sours, you have buttermilk!
Ingredients to make Healthy Ranch Dressing at home
- low-fat buttermilk
- non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- light mayonnaise
- fresh parsley
- fresh dill
- fresh chives
- white vinegar
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- salt and black pepper
How to Make Healthy Ranch Dressing
Combine all the dressing ingredients in a food processor and mix until smooth. Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Greek Yogurt Healthy Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- ½ cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a food processor and mix until smooth.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 1 week.